Low self-esteem ?
Low Self-Esteem ?
Low self-esteem has an impact on every part of your daily life. It makes you withdraw form normal activities. If you feel that you are lesser than others , others will see the same in you as you exhibit. On the contrary if you have good self esteem and feel worth being around, others pick up the same. So please think and ACT NOW.
Ten Methods To Overcome Low Self-Estee
1. Speak Up: Your own voice is great, your idea is good and you have a right to express. Just Speak up, and do not be afraid to voice your opinion. Participate in the conversation, and let others know that you are there and you have something to offer. Others might not appreciate your opinion openly but they do take a note of it. If you get a direct appreciation you will just be surprised at how important your views are to others. Speak up , you are going to gain….if not , no loss because it was your opinion.
2. Stand Up Straight: Standing up straight is not only better for your posture it also displays confidence. When you have a slumped appearance, you portray the image of someone who is uncomfortable, and depressed. Making a conscious decision to correct your posture will immediately transform your image.
3. Carry Yourself With Pride: Just as it is important to stand up straight, you should also walk with pride. Overcoming low self-esteem truly starts with your outward appearance. Walk tall, do not shuffle your feet, and put a spring in your step. This will give you an energetic appearance that others will perceive as confident and powerful.
4. Give Yourself A Pep Talk: Whenever you are feeling a little down, or lacking in self-confidence, give yourself a quick pep talk. Remind yourself of all of your great, unique qualities, and strengths.
Have self affirmation exercise… Say “I am honest” ….and shout YES, Say “ I am right”….and shout YES….SO on … any number of your traits.
5. Dress Well: When you look better, you feel better, and this principle applies to self-esteem as well. Take a bit of time to plan an outfit that is flattering, groom yourself, and always take pride in your looks. Please do think about the season as well….
6. Get Some Exercise: Getting some regular exercise can really make in difference in overcoming low self-esteem. Not only will your physical appearance improve, which will make you feel better about yourself alone, you will also feel better due to the endorphins, the “feel good chemicals” that are released during your workout.
7. Put Yourself Out There: You cannot truly work at overcoming low self-esteem if you do not put yourself out in the world. Do not hide in corners or take an excuse to do so or remain silent.
Compel yourself in a position where you have to speak up, and make your presence known.
8. Be Grateful For What You Have: Instead of dwelling on what you do not have, or what you think you want to have, focus on what you do have.
Family, love, health, and personal strengths like your charm, education, talents, your parents position if need be, are a few examples of what you should remind yourself to be grateful for everyday
9. Be Positive Toward Others: People with low self-esteem often tend to be quite negative. Practice being positive toward others by regularly offering complements to co-workers, friends, and family members.
Do not take part in behaviors such as gossiping, back biting, being jealous, discouraging, etc.
By making a commitment to break free of negativity, people will start to feel better around you and will genuinely want to spend time with you.
10. Help Others: Whenever and whenever you can, step up and take an active role with others. Offer help in any way that you can. Donate your time to become a mentor, or offer to help a fellow co-worker with a project. You will feel happier, have more confidence when approaching people, and in turn you will open yourself up to many new experiences.
These simple tips can do wonders to help build self-confidence and in overcoming low self-esteem. Try to complete one or two of these steps at a time so that you do not feel overwhelmed. Remember, this process will take little time and practice. So relax and follow the tips each and every day for a period of time until it becomes a habit.
God Bless you all.
( For LAPTITUDE.)
Categorised as: Uncategorized